28 mars 2006

The so-called "Yellow Paper"

Temporary Residence Permit the so-called "Yellow Paper". This is the one used by hotel (Click to see full image) This document's nickname is "huáng dān" Every foreign vistor, after entering China, has to request for a Temporary Residence permit (the yellow paper) at the nearest Police station. If you are tourist, stay in a hotel, the hotel reception will arrange that for you. If you are just visiting China for a few days or more, I don't think it's important to have this paper, but however, better... [Lire la suite]
Posté par feisthauer à 05:20 - - Commentaires [1] - Permalien [#]

22 février 2006

Arriving Shanghai Airport

Arriving Shanghai AirportThere are 2 airports in Shanghai : Hongqiao Airport Pudong International Airport Hongqiao (also the Expat's neighbourhood) situated on the west side of Shanghai in Puxi. Hongqiao Airport is mostly for the local destinations in China, Hong Kong, etc. But International flights all go to Pudong. Pudong Airport is on the east side of Shanghai in Pudong, about 45km from downtown. Could be reached by car, taxi, bus, and Maglev(the fastest train)+Subway. The main and international airport of Shanghai, a... [Lire la suite]
Posté par feisthauer à 22:24 - - Commentaires [1] - Permalien [#]
22 février 2006

Chinese Visa

Chinese Entry Visa To enter China, you will need to apply for a visa. Type of visa depends on the purpose of your visit. Mainly, there are Tourist Visa (Category L) Business Visa (Category F) Work Visa (Category Z) --> The most complicated one Student Visa (Category X) Check out the Chinese embassy or Chinese Consulate nearest to your home for more information and what you may need to obtain a visa. The cost may vary, for example, I have got mine at fee of 35euros for the normal procedure (Approximately 4... [Lire la suite]
Posté par feisthauer à 11:53 - - Commentaires [2] - Permalien [#]